Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mexican Goulash


1 lb ground turkey, chicken, or beef
1 can black beans w/ liquid
1 can corn w/liquid
Minute rice
Salsa
*green chilies (I think I will add a can of small green chilies the next time I make this)
*black olives sliced (I think I will add these next time)

Brown, drain, and salt your meat. Dump in your beans and corn with all of their liquids. Using either the bean or corn can, fill it up with minute rice and dump into the pot, then fill the can with salsa and add that to the pot. I added a little bit of water to the can (maybe 1/4 of the can), but you might not need this if you don't live in a higher altitude place like Utah. Stir all ingredients together & cover for 10 minutes, then serve.

I thought this was such a great recipe for days when you just don't know what to cook or don't have much time. It's really tasty and so simply to make. I served mine with corn bread.





No comments:

Post a Comment