Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chicken Salad

If you've been looking for a yummy Chicken salad recipe, look no further! This is soooo yummy! I made this for a baby shower. Found the recipe on allrecipes.com under Becky's Chicken Salad.


* 2 1/2 cups diced and chilled, cooked chicken meat
* 1 cup chopped celery
* 1 cup sliced, seedless grapes
* 1/2 cup sliced almonds
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Directions

1. In a medium bowl, whip cream to soft peaks.
2. Combine meat, celery, grapes, almonds, parsley, salt, and mayonnaise with whipped cream. Chill.


I added my own twist on it. I quadrupled the recipe for the baby shower and it made a TON! I added 2 chopped gala apples, 1 lemon zest, 1 lemon juice, half a red onion finely diced, fresh cracked pepper, I had walnuts instead of almonds so I toasted them and chopped them up, I added extra grapes and a little extra chicken. I think next time I will add just a splash of white vinegar to add a little zip. The ingredients I added were for the quadrupled batch so you'd want to skim it down to a single recipe. I ended up with a lot of leftovers because we stuffed croissants with the chicken salad. The next night I boiled some penne noodles and added some of the chicken salad mixture, YUMMY!! I actually liked that better then on croissants, but I'm a huge noodle fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment