Sunday, May 2, 2010

Russian Chicken

This is Tori. I haven't figured out how to post under my own name, so I'm using Kati's until I can do it myself. I'm a dork, I know! :) I make this Russian Chicken about once every two weeks.

Russian Chicken:

*16 oz of Russian, French or Catalina (I've tried all three and I prefer the Catalina) salad dressing
*2-3 lbs of Chicken pieces (I bet you could use pork instead and it's be yummy)
*1/2-1 tsp of Pepper (to taste)
*1 pkg of Onion soup mix
*10 oz of Apricot preserves (I've also used orange marmalade and it was really yummy)
*1/2-1 tsp Salt

**For immediate Cooking:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, and place all ingredients into a large baking dish. Turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear, 45-60 minutes (just depends). You'd want to use THAWED chicken for this method.

***Crock pot Cooking: (This is how I always do it!)
I put the FROZEN (or you can use thawed but I've always used frozen this way) chicken in the crock pot and then in a separate bowl I mix the other ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Set the crock pot to low and let it cook away for 6-8 hours.

****For Freezing:
Place all ingredients into a 1-gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer. You'd want to start off with THAWED chicken.

--Serve over rice. Crock pot method is the way to go! :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment