Saturday, August 14, 2010

German Rhubarb Cake

Doesn't this just look so good??? It was AWESOME!

I don't know if I'll post the recipe. Mostly because the ingredients aren't easy to find in the U.S. and the recipe was written in German using the metric system. I had to weigh almost all of the ingredients.

I just wanted to post the pics and show how Uber delicious it was. The rhubarb came from my yard, just about the only thing I can get to grow since it's pretty much a weed and I don't have to do anything to care for it except water it.

It was just as I remember it in Germany. The crust was a yeast dough that was like a pastry, the rhubarb was mixed with sugar and drained off, so it wasn't too tart. I used Quark, a German style of cheese very similar to ricotta, but different enough to not be sure whether that could be substituted. Also it had vanilla sugar and german pudding.

The West kids around the corner came over and did all the dirty work. It was great!
It took a long time to make it, but it was so worth it!!

Tori, if you really want the recipe, I'll send it to you. I just think it would take me a million years to post it.



No comments:

Post a Comment