Saturday, August 14, 2010

Turkey Chili

Athena made this for me awhile back and I've been wanting it again since then. I really liked that it was a saucy chili but didn't have a strong tomato flavor. I like that it's healthy and super quick and easy to make.

Turkey Chili

1lb Ground Turkey
1 Green Pepper
1 small red onion (I used white cause it was all I had)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can diced tomoatoes (28oz) undrained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 can Veggie broth (14.5 oz)
1 3/4 cups frozen corn
1 can (6oz) tomato paste
1 T chili powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

In a large skillet brown the turkey, garlic and onion, when it's nearly done, throw in the chopped bell pepper.

I cooked this in a pot on the stovetop, but it is originally a slow-cooker recipe. At this point if you are putting it into a crockpot transfer it now or leave it to cook on the stove.

I pretty much just dumped everything into the pot from here and cooked it to a boil for about 20 minutes stirring pretty much constantly.

Costco hasn't been selling the Marie Callendar's cornbread mix in a long time so I just made some biscuits to go with it.

I made two batches of this chili and it served four families with leftovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment