Monday, July 19, 2010

MMMMMMMMMM...Strawberry pie! So ONO! Not even Hawaiian, but that just seems to fit how it tastes to me. It was a recipe handed down to me from my mom who got it from my Grandma Williams. I grew up with it pretty much always having frozen strawberries in them and then when my mom told me that my grandma only ever made it with fresh, it just clicked and I tried it and just can't go back to using frozen. But, you can do whatever you want, just know that using fresh is 100 times better. I'll still eat the frozen berry pies, I'm not that snobby. :)
Strawberry Pie
  • 1 large box Strawberry Jello (6 oz.) -I have used another berry flavor before when I was all out and it still tasted great.
  • 8 T. cornstarch
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • Whisk together in a small saucepot on the stovetop.
  • Add 3 cups of water while stirring well.
  • Turn on the heat to med-hi
  • Cook approx 6 minutes or until it's thick and bubbly with a clear appearance

* Line a PRE-BAKED pie crust with hulled and halved strawberries one level high. No stacking.

**Pour warm mixture into the crust and place more strawberries on top to make it look pretty and be sure that you have strawberries evenly distributed. Sometimes when you pour the berries move.

Let cool for several hours in the fridge before serving.

So Easy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment